Helping you Start your R&D Tax Claim
In 2000, the Government introduced the Research & Development (R&D) Tax Relief, an incentive scheme for UK businesses to encourage them to become more innovative in the fields of Science and Technology. This can involve companies from any sector who have carried out an eligible project.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you first explore the claims process and there’s a lot of information involved. However, filing an R&D Tax claim doesn’t have to be the complex process it’s sometimes perceived to be.
Filing an R&D Tax Claims Form
When filing an R&D Tax Claims form, there are several steps you will need to take in order to complete the process successfully.
- Eligibility –Eligible projects must meet certain criteria, so it’s important you look at the information available to you and decide if your business qualifies.
- Proving Your Eligibility –You’ll need to prepare a short report outlining the nature of your projects in the last 2 years and why they qualify for the R&D Tax Credits Scheme. Those qualifying activities should answer the following:
- What was the advancement sought in this area of Science or Technology?
- Were there industry uncertainties in this area and when during the project were these overcome, if at all?
- Why was there uncertainty in this area? e. why could a competent expert in this field not already have the knowledge or capabilities to make such advancements.
- Costs Involved – You’ll need to work out all qualifying revenue expenditure in order for your claim to be correctly calculated. These include staff wages, external worker costs, consumables, software used and the costs of the premises and utilities involved.
- How Much You Can Claim – Use our handy R&D Tax Calculator to see how much your claim could be worth.
- Filing an R&D Tax Claims Form – this will need to be done through HMRC. It can be a great advantage to seek specialist advice on this to maximise your claim and submit everything you’ll need to ensure its success.
At R&D Tax Solutions, based in Manchester, we can provide you with all the help and support you need to ensure the claims process is smooth from start to finish. We specifically specialise in this area of Tax claims, giving us the in-depth knowledge and experience to give you any advice you require.
Our experts will guide you as much as you need and with a 100% success rate thus far, you can feel assured we only ever take you through the process if we feel you’re eligible for the scheme. We operate a no win, no fee policy, so there’s no risk to you.
To get in touch, call 0161 298 1010 or email email@example.com.